Social media influencers are individuals who have a large following on social media and are able to influence the purchasing decisions of their followers through their content and endorsements. They can be celebrities, industry experts, or everyday individuals who have gained a significant following on platforms such as Instagram, TikTok, YouTube, and more.
How to utilise influencers
Businesses can utilise social influencers in a variety of ways. One of the most popular is through sponsored content, where influencers create posts, videos, or stories about a product or service that they’re being paid to promote. Influencers can also create branded content, where they partner with a business to create a series of sponsored posts that align with the business’s branding and message.
Another way businesses can utilise social influencers is through collaborations, where the influencer creates content using the business’s product or service and promotes it to their followers. Influencers can also be used to host giveaways, or to attend events or product launches.
Why work with an influencer?
By working with social influencers, businesses can reach a large and engaged audience, which can help to boost brand awareness and drive sales. Influencer marketing is particularly effective in the fashion, beauty, and lifestyle industries, but it can be used to promote products and services across a wide range of sectors.
New Zealand social media influencers
Here are a few examples of New Zealand social influencers that businesses can work with:
- Jamie Curry: She is a popular YouTuber and comedian from New Zealand, and she has a large following on Instagram, TikTok, and YouTube. Jamie’s content is focused on comedy, vlogging, and lifestyle, and her followers are mostly young adults and teenagers.
- Annie and Jay: They are a couple that document their travels around New Zealand and the world on Instagram. They have a large following and their content is mostly centered on travel and nature.
- Alex Perri Van Dyk: He is a fashion blogger and Instagram influencer, who has a large following on Instagram and a strong presence in the New Zealand fashion industry. Alex is known for his stylish and edgy fashion sense and he mostly targets men’s fashion.
- Suzy Cato: She is a well-known children’s performer and television presenter, Suzy has built a dedicated following on social media, primarily on her Facebook and Instagram profiles. Her followers are mostly parents and caregivers, and her content is focused on parenting, early learning, and fun activities for families.
- Matilda Rice: Matilda is a popular television personality and social media influencer in New Zealand. She has a large following on Instagram and has worked with a variety of brands such as L’Oréal, Pantene, and Mac. Matilda is known for her relatable content and her approachable and friendly personality.
- Marco Polo: Marco is a social media influencer and content creator based in New Zealand. He has a large following on Instagram and TikTok, and he is known for his funny and relatable content. Marco has worked with a variety of brands such as Samsung, McDonald’s, and Coca-Cola.
- Andrew Shah: Andrew is a social media influencer and entrepreneur based in New Zealand. He has a large following on Instagram and TikTok, and he is known for his motivational content and his business advice. Andrew has worked with a variety of brands such as Nike, Samsung, and KFC.
- Monique Hunt: Monique is a popular beauty influencer and vlogger in New Zealand. She has a large following on Instagram and has worked with a variety of brands such as L’Oréal, Maybelline, and Lush. Monique is known for her relatable content, and for her approachable and friendly personality.
- Jeremy Wells: Jeremy is a well-known television presenter and comedian in New Zealand. He has a large following on Instagram and has worked with a variety of brands such as Heineken and Puma. Jeremy is known for his relatable content and his approachable and friendly personality.
When working with social influencers, it’s important for businesses to choose influencers who align with their brand values and message, and who have a following that is relevant to their target audience. It’s also important to ensure that the influencer is transparent about any sponsored content or collaborations and that they disclose any sponsored or affiliate links.